The Eclipse Filament Winder from Magnum Venus Products can be easily customized for up to four (4) axes of programmable motion. The Eclipse series winding machine provides a sturdy robust manufacturing platform for medium-to-large size filament wound products. With the additional 3rd & 4th axis capabilities, additional shapes & applications become possible. These shapes now can include tubular or tapered cylinders with dome or elliptical ends.
Filament winding is controlled through a user-friendly computer control program. Winding patterns are stored on computer hard drive for use on repetitive products, eliminating the need for re-entering the program each time a repetitive product is run.
All axes are servo controlled and controlled to match the generated winding programs of recipes. Move commands are sent to all programmed axes to accomplish the programmed wind patterns. Winding programs will provide the machine in an automatic mode for helical winding, hoop winding. Winding program will control the basic winding functions:
- Helical and Hoop Winding on cylindrical parts, e.g. pipes, drive shafts
- Hoop winding and multi-stage hoop winding on cylinders parts
- Helical geodesic winding on cylinders with dome ends
- Helical geodesic winding on cylinders with cone ends
- Joining paths on Cylinders (pipes)